- First gig: The Global Village Trucking Company, Gong, a Punch & Judy Show (and I mean a show) and two other bands at the Liverpool Stadium, circa 1974/1975.
[Later] Actually, now I've slept on it, I think my first gig was Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the Liverpool Empire, probably in 1974.
- Last: Judie Tzuke at the Arts Centre in Southport, last year (November, I think).
- Next: Eddi Reader at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, in May.
- Best: The first Split Enz gig I saw at Eric's, in Liverpool, 1977.
- Worst: Probably Supertramp at the Liverpool Stadium, just before Crime of the Century came out. I fell asleep.
- Memorable: The first Hootie and The Blowfish gig I saw at Wolverhampton Civic Hall. The second time was damned good too.
- Sadly missed: Talking Heads - on a free to members night at Eric's in Liverpool (1977ish). I never saw them live but managed to accidently heckle David Burn when he did a show in Wolverhampton.
- Always a pleasure: Judie Tzuke - far better live than in the studio (sorry Jude!).
- Best venue: For shear breadth of choice and access, The Civic Hall in Wolverhampton. For memories, Eric's in Liverpool.
- Worst venue: A club in New Brighton where I roadied for a couple of local bands - I got electricuted once!
- Like to see: Colin Vearnecombe.
That gig meme...
If this account was my child it would soon be an adult. The account was opened in December 2001. Their 18th birthday would be December 2019.…
Fri, 13:43: A giant passes by: https://t.co/fLtjQSLQ73 via @ YouTube Fri, 13:50: Watch "A giant passes by" on YouTube -…