Me on a better day (kevinwmoor) wrote,
Me on a better day

The weekend.

Thursday evening

In the evening we went to Monroes Restaurant to start the celebrations. I had Pate-en-croute, followed by Beef Bendor and Blackcurrent Cheesecake. Jane shared my starter, had a Sirloin Oporto as her main course and finished it off with fresh strawberries. All washed down with 2 bottles of a nice Italian white (I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember what it was called).

Home, and in bed, by midnight.

Friday, Jane's birthday.

We did a wee bit of shopping in Liscard and then had lunch at the Coffee Roast. In the afternoon we visited Pat.

We arrived at Craxton Wood at about half six in the evening and booked a table for 9 o'clock. The food was excellent but, unfortunately, not really to Jane's tastes. She prefers less presentation and more content.

I had a fruit brulee to start, which, surprisingly, worked very well, and deer as my main course. Jane passed on the start but had a pork dish for her main. Unfortunately the pork was pink in the middle and Jane sent it back twice; the second time saying something like "I don't care how fashionable it is to serve pork like that...". To be honest, I've no idea if it is fashionable to cook pork rare, but I was on her side.

We both finished the meal with cheese and crackers and retired to the bar. During the next hour Jane sank into a pool of Tia Maria and I gargled with Creme de Menthe. We left an hour and a half later somewhat the worse for were and 45gbp poorer.


Breakfast in our room was very poor. Although the order slip allowed for 2 different breakfast to be ordered we both ended up with the same. So, the black pudding on Jane's meal was wasted as was the (cold) scrambled eggs.

We arrived home about mid-day and, as the weather was wonderful, spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden.

John popped his head over the wall at about 4:30 and asked in we fancied having tea at the Egremont Ferry. Jane though this was a good idea but the moggies were out which meant we'd have to wait before we could go. As it happens Meg didn't come I until 2 o'clock the next morning. She was in trouble, big time.


More lazing around in the sunshine after visiting Jane's Mum in the afternoon.

We went to the home on our newly refurbished push-bikes. After visiting we cycled to Seacombe Ferry and took a picture:

Seacombe Ferry

That's Liverpool in the background.

As that was the first proper exercise I'd had for nearly a year I was a tad tired when we finished; but I enjoyed it immensely.

In the evening we had pasta and garlic bread and retired about 11 o'clock.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.