Secondly, the same customer has returned details of a fix program we sent them. It was to correct some data one of their in-house routines had screwed. The fix was based on an asurrance by them that no other activity had happened on the corrupted data. Along with the returned info was a request to change the processing slightly to ignore some of the data that was actually now correct. After investigation it turns out that these aren't correct on the database, they just look so on screen. The user thinks they're correct because they they're seeing what they expect to see.
I'm now waiting for the go-ahead to revamp the fix program into a much more complex beast which will now have to sniff through history data trying to work out what's go wrong.
...and while I'm waiting I'm back using bloody PacBase.
I now find myself fighing the karpoosi that is PacBase again.